Our 4 Devotional lesson plan follows right along with the Manual: Come, Follow Me—For Individuals and Families: Exodus 7-13: March 28–April 3, “Remember This Day, in Which Ye Came Out from Egypt”
We have designed these packets to be used for families of ALL ages! There are activities and coloring pages for the little ones, and there are worksheets, activities, and discussion questions for older children and teens!
Come, Follow Me Made Easy for Families!
- Sunday Lesson: This is a longer lesson and will take 30-45 minutes depending on how much your family likes to discuss! This will be similar to a traditional Family Home Evening or can be used for a Church service at home. Begin with a prayer and choose a song if your family likes to sing. This year the Church has included a list of Suggested Music for Families. They can be found HERE. Sunday would be a great day to use this lesson, but pick which day works best for your family. This Week the lesson will teach your family about having a soft heart.
- Printables Include:
- Object Lesson
- I Can Choose To Soften My Heart Scripture Search
- Old Testament Character Puppets
- Story Links
- Devotional 1-3: should take about 10-15 minutes (sometimes longer depending on your family.) We have broken up the days so that you can finish learning about trusting the Lord during the week, with extra activities, discussion questions, and games for families of all ages.
- 10 Plagues Worksheet
- 10 Plagues Memory Game
- Sacrament Booklet
- General Conference Notes Page
- The main instruction page of our packet is divided into 4 days of devotionals, all on one page. This will help you have easy reference to the instructions for each day. They can be guided by the parents, or assign a day to each member of the family. Choose a time to have your devotionals - breakfast, family prayer, driving around in the car - whichever works best for you! Have the person prepared to start the devotional and prepare any printables that you will be using. Not every day will have a printable or an activity. Some days are just discussion questions. Don't stress if you skip a devotional, just move onto the next or combine days! We encourage you, as parents, to study the suggested scriptures each week ahead of your family. This will help you be prepared to guide the devotionals and be ready for questions that are asked.
- QR Codes: This week's lesson contains several QR codes:
- To use the QR Codes: You will scan the QR codes using your phone or iPad. The best way to figure out if your device can read QR Codes is to open your Camera app and point it steady for 2-3 seconds towards the QR Code you want to scan. Whenever scanning is enabled, a notification will appear. If nothing happens, you may have to go to your Settings app and enable QR Code scanning. If QR Codes isn’t an option in your settings, your device, unfortunately, can’t scan QR Codes natively. But don’t worry, this only means you’ll have to download a third-party QR Code reader app. If your camera isn't working on the QR code, just go to your APP store and download a QR Scanner app. Then follow the instructions within the app.
- If you're not printing the main page, the QR codes are also clickable links! Open the PDF in your computer, click on any of the QR codes, and they will take you to the website.